Create your panelist user accounts from the User Editor. Panelists login at admin.gosmart.org. Upon logging in, panelists will view their panel portal, not the admin portal. Be sure to follow the steps below during creation to ensure that you are designating appropriate users as panelists and not grant administrators.
- Navigate to the Administration tab > User Editor subtab.
- Click the Add New User button or link (both function the same).
- Input the name of your panelist.
- Create a Username and Password.
- Set the status to Active, or keep it disabled until you are ready for the panelist to access their panel(s).
- Select Panelist as the User Type.
- Include an active email address.
- Click Add to save the panelist.
- Repeat the process to add additional panelists.
- If a panelist is already registered in the system from a previous cycle, you will not need to create a new panelist profile for them. They will be available for selection from the Assign Panelists section while you create your panels.
- When creating your panelist credentials, we recommend using a naming convention that is easy to replicate and communicate en masse.
- Example username convention: First initial + last name.
- Example password convention: cycle name and year (i.e. CS2018).
- Panelists cannot modify their usernames or create their initial passwords. However, they can use the email address that you provide during the panelist creation to reset their passwords at admin.gosmart.org.
- Panelists’ usernames are saved in a master database across all GO Smart agencies and may not be available because another agency is using that username.
- Panelists cannot be removed from your user list, they can only be disabled.
- If you select Grant Admin from the User Type drop down after having selected Panelist, you will see the Section Access section, but all tabs except for Panels will be disabled. You will need to click Update to save the new User Type of Grant Admin, and then return to the editor to reactivate any appropriate sections. We do not recommend converting panelist accounts to admin, but we recognize that User Types may have been selected in error.
- You can update a panelist’s password by returning to User Editor. The number of asterisks is not indicative of the number of characters in the password. If you update the password and receive the green message saying “User successfully modified” then your new password has been accepted. Be sure to test an update by logging in with the new credentials, not by reviewing the appearance of the asterisks in the password field.